How to play
- Select a trail from our trail page
- Click the blue 'Sign Up' on the trail page you would like to play
- Submit your name and email address or sign-in to your account
- Select how many teams you would like and if you would like to play fast or smart
- Invite player to join your team or compete against you via the event dashboard
- Click the blue ‘Play Now’ button
- Make your way to the start location and click ‘Start Hunt’
We recommend playing with teams of 2-4 players for the best experience, with the option for up to five teams to compete against each other on one hunt.
No prior knowledge of an area is required, but we encourage the use of maps and lateral thinking as answers are designed so that you can't just find them online. Clues can be simplified by using a hint or hot hint, but if you want to compete for the fastest time on our global leaderboards, beware that these add time penalties to a team's overall result!
Whether you want to race or take your time exploring, each trail usually has a scheduled refreshment break, when the hunt time is paused to give you the option to relax.
The person who sets up a hunt can register up to 4 teams to play an event together. As the organiser, they have access to an event dashboard from which they can invite others to name or join a team. They will need to check the event dashboard to make sure every team has a name and a captain that has been verified through Facebook Messenger.
One team, multiple devices
If you would like for more than one person to receive and be able to answer the clues for your team, simply invite them to be a team player from your event dashboard or type #player during gameplay. You can add up to 4 people per team, including the captain.