How to play
- Select a trail from our trail page
- Click the blue 'Sign Up' button on the trail page you would like to play
- Submit your name and email address or sign-in to your account
- Select how many teams you would like and if you would like to play fast or smart
- Invite players to join your team or compete against you via the event dashboard
- Click the blue ‘Play Now’ button
- Make your way to the start location and click ‘Start Hunt’
We recommend playing with teams of 2-4 players for the best experience, with the option for up to four teams to compete against each other in one event.
No prior knowledge of an area is required, but we encourage the use of maps and lateral thinking as answers are designed so that you can't find them online. Clues can be simplified by using a hint or hot hint, but if you want to compete on our global leaderboards, beware that these add time/point penalties to a team's overall result!
Whether you want to race or take your time exploring, each trail usually has a scheduled refreshment break, when the hunt is paused to give you the option to relax.
The person who sets up a hunt can register up to 4 teams to play an event together. As the organiser, they have access to an event dashboard from which they can invite others to name or join a team. Organisers can choose to invite players to join the event and pick their own team or to share each team's invite link individually.
Each trail has two seperate leaderboards. One based on time, the other on points. Your choice determines the event leaderboard format and how your final certificate is produced. If you're fast AND smart then don't worry as all teams are scored on both formats anyway, just in case you manage to smash a time record 😉
One team, multiple devices
If you would like for more than one person to receive and be able to answer the clues for your team, simply invite them to be a team player from your event dashboard or type #player during gameplay. You can add up to 4 people per team, including the captain.